Recipe and nutritional value of All-American Banana Split
The All-American Banana Split is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed for generations. It consists of a sliced ripe banana topped with scoops of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream, and then drizzled with various sweet toppings such as hot fudge sauce, pineapple and strawberry toppings, and sprinkled with chopped peanuts. It is often finished with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. This sweet treat is a combination of creamy, fruity, and crunchy flavors that make it a delightful dessert option. Despite its indulgent taste, it should be consumed in moderation due to its high calorie and sugar content.
All-American Banana Split Recipe:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple topping
- 2 tablespoons strawberry topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Slice the ripe banana in half lengthwise, and then place each half in a dish.
- Scoop one scoop of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream on top of each banana half.
- Drizzle hot fudge sauce and pineapple topping on top of the ice cream scoops.
- Repeat with the strawberry topping.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top of the toppings.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top of each banana split if desired.
- Place a maraschino cherry on top of the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 790
- Total Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 135mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 109g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 83g
- Protein: 11g
Note: Nutritional information may vary based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.