2015-07-08 Views: 1169
Types of Water FilterOne of the most common and necessary appliance of our home is water filter. Water filter is deeply related with our health. As we all know water is one of the major sources of bacteria that can causes serious diseases like diarrhea, cholera, typhoid, rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer. So, fresh and safe drinking water is essential for us. We have seen people did use various systems to purify the water. But now time has changed technology made our life more convenient and safe in easy way. With the help of water filter we can easily get fresh and clean water to drink. According to working function water filter can be divided in mainly five categories.
Types of water filter are given below:
1. Activated Carbon Filters: This is known as a carbon filter or pre filters and is generally responsible for removing larger particles like sediment and silt from your water.Its carbon absorbs dangerous particles from the water that make water fresh and safe to drink. Along with removing all the dangerous elements from the water it provides light and testy fresh drinking water.
2. Reverse Osmosis: RO water filter is the semi-permeable membrane. The term reverse osmosis means pressure is used to force water through the membrane so all those nasty contaminants cannot follow.This type of water filter is one of the popular among the all water filter types because it has the ability to remove all sorts of contaminants that can be a danger to your health, as well as making sure the end result is clear and odor free.
3. Alkaline/Water Ionizers: Electrolysis process is used in this type of filter. In this system water is passed over plates which are electrically charged and it divided in two streams. One is alkaline and the other is acidic.It will provide you safe water as well as low acidity free water that is better for your skin.
4. UV Filters: One of the modern technology base water filters is UV filters. It has the ability to use ultraviolet radiation to destroy various bacteria that can be damaging to your health.It is also consider as environment friendly machine because it does not needs any other chemical or medicine to purify the water.
5. Infrared Filters: Working function of infrared filter is almost similar to alkaline filter. If you lived in a hard water area then infrared filter will help you to get soft and the same time bacteria free water.
Water filter selection guide
Selection of water filter is depending on various matters. At first, obviously quality of the filter is one of the major considering factor beside that water form and budget is also vary crucial in terms of water filter selection.
If you live in an area that has hard water then you have to select infrared types of water filter rather than that for modern technology base you can select UV filter but most important factor is your budget. You should select filter that you can afford.