2015-02-28 Views: 2249
Air Cooler vs Air Conditioner
Bangladesh is known for hot and humid weather and summer session is one of the longest session in Bangladesh. We Bangladeshi feel hit from the beginning of the February and most alarming matter is that temperature is increasing day by day. In our country most of the people used fan to protect himself from the hit and some people used air condition. Air conditioner is a expensive home appliance. So every one can not effort it and also we have serious problem of load shading that's why we can not get 100% service from fan and air condition.
In this situation, air cooler can be a very good solution. Air cooler has been using for last few years in Bangladesh. So we can say that air cooler is quite familiar to us. But we,Bangladeshi people, make mistake in selection. Most of us choose personal air cooler as a room air cooler.
Lat's know some things about air cooler
Air cooling is a standard method of system cooling used to method of dissipate heat. The object being cooled will have a flow of air moving over its surface. Most air cooling systems use a combination of fans and heat sinks, which exchanges heat with air. For more cool air there is a extra chamber for ice.
We have seen three types of air cooler in our country.
1. Personal air cooler
2. Room air cooler
3. Desert air cooler
Personal air cooler
From the name you can get a aide about this type of air cooler. It is a small model and its cooling capacity is lower compare to other models. It is almost like a table fan. You can set it beside your bad only for personal use.
Water Tank Capacity: up to 40 litters.
Cooling Area: up to 300 SFT
Price: TK 6000.00 to TK 15000.00
Room Air Cooler
Room air cooler has capacity to cool a room. This type of air cooler can evaporate about 2 litters water per hour.
Personal air cooler
Water Tank Capacity: 40 litters to 60 litters
Cooling Area: 300 SFT to 800 SFT
Price: TK 10000.00 to TK 20000.00
Desert Air Cooler
Desert air cooler is the largest size of air cooler. Its capacity, size and price is high compare to other air cooler. It can cover a large area.
Water Tank Capacity: Start from 60 litters
Cooling Area: minimum 800 SFT
Price: start from TK 20000.00
Most of the people of our country have wrong idea about air cooler. They think air cooler is one type of air conditioner. But their is a huge difference between air cooler and air conditioner.
Difference between air cooler and air conditioner are given below.
1.Air cooler can only reduce few degree of temperature in hot weather. It provides cool air along with increasing humidity of the room.
2. Price is low compare to air conditioner. It has no installation cost, you can move it easily any where you want.
3. It is a Eco-friendly product and does not emerge carbon.
4. Electricity cost is very low and you can run it with UPS or IPS as well as with battery. It will provide you around 7 to 8 hours service without electricity.
5. When humidity is above 40% in the air then you would not get good service from air cooler.
1. Air conditioner can make huge change in temperature. It will give you the feeling of winter in summer session.
2. Price is huge compare to air cooler. It has installation cost and you can not move it easily any where you want.
3. It has a bad effect on environment and does emerge carbon.( Not all model)
4. Electricity cost is very high and you can run it with IPS but this types IPS cost is very high.