2015-05-02 Views: 1613
Advantages and Disadvantages of IPSElectricity is considered the most precious invention of the Science. Great American Scientist Thomas Alva Edison is the inventor of electricity; his precious invention brings revolutionary change in our life. Now we can not think our daily life without electricity. Starting from our bedroom to our work place everywhere we can see the blessing of Science. Electricity is produced in the power plant and distribute according to the demand of the society.
Lack of electricity supply is known as load shedding. It means when there is a no electricity supply in our society is called load shedding.
There are many existing problem in Bangladesh. Load shedding is one of them. In our country demand of electricity is more then supply. So it can not full- fill the demand of all sector at a time as a result it create load shedding. We get the news of load shedding everyday. Load shedding is now a serious social problem. It hamper the studies of the students. It also effect in our economy. Load shedding hamper the production many industry. As a result we can not able to achieve our goal.
Load shedding is not only our problem but also other. To solve this problem, Again Science is here to help us. IPS (Instant Power Supply) another important invention of modern Science.
What is IPS?
IPS stands for “Instant Power Supply”. It is an electrical device that can provide electricity when the main supply is not available. IPS is the ideal solution for continuous power supply facilities during mains failure. A general IPS consists of a charger circuit, a battery, an oscillator circuit and an output circuit. The charger circuit charges the battery properly by using the main supply when it is ON. When the main supply is not available then the battery supplies the power.
Advantages of IPS (instant power supply) are given below
1. Run automatically: one of the main advantage of IPS is that, it runs automatically. IPS is charged up by electricity and it stores the power. When normal power supply is want out than IPS supplies its storage power to run our electronics equipment. We can use its power according to our requirement.
2. Silent: Generally normal power generator machine create noise that is responsible for sound pollution but IPS is totally a sound prove power generate machine unlike Generator or other power manufacturing machine. It does not make any sound pollution.
3. Run without fuel: does not require any fuel to run IPS. It has own battery and it charge up through normal power supply. So you are totally free of fuel cost.
4. Store energy: A main feature of IPS is power storage capability. It collects power through normal electricity supply and stores it in battery. In the time of lack of electricity supply it provides power to run electronics products.
5. Verity of use: we can use IPS power according to your requirement. There are various model of IPS are available and their capability is measure by their storage capacity. So if you have a strong IPS then you can run heavy home appliance like TV, Refrigerator, AC etc. Otherwise you can run your daily appliance like Light, Fan etc.
Disadvantages of IPS are given below
1. Not Eco-friendly: IPS has some serious bad effect on our environment. Main mechanism of IPS is battery and battery is made by Lead (pb). And we all know how dangerous is lead for our environment?
2. Running and maintenance cost is high: IPS is run with the help of electricity. Our normal electricity line have 220V but IPS does not use it properly it storage only 70% of it through his own mechanism and it convert only 40% into AC. So it is clear that it wasting large amount of electricity. Another disadvantage is change of battery. IPS totally depend on battery so it can not last long. To get better service from IPS we have to change IPS battery within one year.
3. Voltage problem: along with load shedding problem we also have voltage up and down problem . This problem can make huge damage of our battery it may also destroy IPS battery.
There are various branded IPS are available in our market such as Singer Digital IPS, Walton Home IPS, Rahimafrooz IPS etc. These entire brands are very much popular and they have good reputation about their quality.
Though we have IPS or other power producing system but it is not the solution of our major problem. Load shedding is a major barrier of our developing progress. Our government should have to take some step to solve this serious problem. Need to made new power station and user have to be concern about using electricity.